New fuel and LPG prices come into effect on December 1
30 November, 2020, 11:43 am
New fuel prices that come into effect from tomorrow will see motorists pay less for fuel while households will be forking out more for LPG.
The Fijian Competition and Consumer Commission (FCCC) determined the new regulated prices after its review this month.
The new retail fuel prices that come into effect tomorrow (Tuesday, December 1, 2020) are:
- Motor spirit from $1.92 to $1.91 a litre, a decrease of $0.01 cent a litre;
- Premix from $1.55 to $1.53 a litre, a decrease of $0.02 cents a litre;
- Kerosene price remains the same at $1.00 a litre; and
- Diesel from $1.54 to $1.52 per litre, a decrease of $0.02 cents a litre.
New LPG retail prices:
- 4.5kg cylinder from $11.49 to $11.91, an increase of 42 cents per 4.5kg cylinder;
- 12kg cylinder from $30.63 to $31.77, an increase of $1.14 per 12kg cylinder;
- 13kg cylinder from $33.18 to $34.42, an increase of $1.24 per 13kg cylinder;
- Bulk gas from $2.14 to $2.23, an increase of $0.09 cents per kg; and
- Autogas from $1.44 to $1.49, an increase of 5 cents a kg.