What’s happening today!
24 July, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
The Fiji Times team hopes you’re all staying well and safe with your families and loved ones in your respective bubbles, and practising every COVID-safety measure that have been advised.
And our thoughts and prayers are with everyone, especially families who have had their loved ones and friends battling this virus in their homes, and to those in isolation and quarantine facilities around the country.
Please continue to execute the COVID-safe protocols in your homes and communities, and also help spread the word of these measures for the safety and wellbeing of everyone around us, particularly our littles ones, the elderly and vulnerable members of our families and communities.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know and some virtual events as well that you and your family members may be interested in.
First up, your weather forecast for today:
- Cloudy periods with few showers over the eastern parts and the interior of the larger islands (Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Kadavu and Taveuni) and the Lau and Lomaiviti group. Fine apart from possible afternoon or evening showers elsewhere.
- Moderate to fresh easterly winds. Moderate to rough seas.
- Outlook for Sunday : Cloudy periods with brief showers over the eastern parts and interior the larger islands (Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Kadavu). Mainly fine weather elsewhere.
COVID-19 daily press updates
In the event of any major developments, the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health and Medical Services will hold a media conference. Otherwise, it will issue (an) update(s) daily through the Fijian Government and the ministry’s social media Facebook page.
Stay alert and monitor radio announcements and check the Government’s Facebook page to get the updated schedule of the mobile vaccination teams in your communities.
- Family Shabbat Service with Mr Mika Mudreilagi (Facebook Live) at 9am
- Senibua Koula Live Stream Fakawela (Facebook Live) at 5pm
- 6th Singspiration Episode by Mountain Gospel (Facebook Live) at 6pm
- Online theory class by Friendz Driving School at 9am
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Part of Queens Road from Nadi Town End to Malolo, Nadi – 7am to 5pm
- Whole of Nasau Road, Nadi – 7am to 5pm
- Part of Qeleloa Road, Nadi 7am to 8am & 4pm to 5pm
- Part of Nadi Back Road from Nadi Town End to Alladatta Road, Nadi – 7am to 8am & 4pm to 5pm
Check out the new releases on Netflix for you and your family.
- Sex Life
- Good Witch
- Jane the Virgin
- The Shannara Chronicles
- Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans
- Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
- Ruroni Kenshin: The Final
What you must do/know:
- Wear masks when you leave your home
- Download careFIJI app and switch on Bluetooth
- Always observe the 2m physical distancing
- Non-work gatherings of any size prohibited
- Funeral services with up to 10 people only allowed
- For good measure, report your symptoms to the nearest fever clinic
- Stay home if you do not have an essential reason to leave your house
- Limit your bubble to those in your own household.