What’s happening today!
26 September, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
Partly cloudy with brief showers over the southeastern parts of the larger islands [Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Kadavu] and the Lau and Lomaiviti group.
Fine apart from possible isolated afternoon or evening showers elsewhere. Moderate to fresh southeast winds. Moderate to rough seas.
Outlook for Monday : Partly cloudy with brief showers over the eastern parts and interior of the larger islands [Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Taveuni and Kadavu]. Mainly fine elsewhere.
COVID-19 daily press briefing
- The Permanent Secretary of Health and Medical Services will issue an updated statement every night – this can be accessed via the Fijian Government FB page.
- Stay alert and monitor radio announcements and check the Government’s Facebook page to get the updated schedule of the mobile vaccination teams in your communities.
- CMFI Nadi-Gateway Harvest Centre Sunday Service-9am
- Post COVID-19 Biggest loser Challenge-6am
Check out what’s trending on Netflix.
- The Ghost Bride
- The New Legends of Monkey
- Bangkok Breaking
- The Blacklist
- Rurouni Kenshin: The Final
- The Stronghold
- Confessions of an Invisible Girl
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.