What’s happening today!
17 May, 2021, 6:00 am
Hope you’re all keeping safe out there and staying home in your own bubble.
Continue to practise those safety precautions and also remember to stay informed.
There are some online events happening today that you or your family members may be interested in.
But first up, here is your weather forecast for today.
- Cloudy periods with brief showers over the eastern parts and the interior of the larger islands (Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Kadavu and Taveuni). Elsewhere, cloudy periods with possible afternoon showers. Cool nights.
- For mariners: Moderate to fresh easterly winds and moderate to rough seas.
COVID-19 daily press briefing
In the event of any major developments, the Permanent Secretary of Health and Medical Services will hold a media conference. Otherwise we will issue updates through the Fijian Government Facebook page.
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Baulevu – 8.00am to 4.00pm
- Labasa – 30am to 4.30pm
- Martintar, Nadi – 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Draumasi Road,Tavua – 30am to 4.30pm
- Tawatawa, Lautoka – 8.30am to 5.00pm
Vatulele Food Drive
A food drive is being organised by a group of ‘kai Nadroga’ for their kinsfolk on Vatulele Island. Vatulele is dealing with a drought that has exacerbated an already difficult period faced with impacts of COVID-19 on the tourism industry and now troubles with access due to movement restrictions. Contacts for drop off points: Samuela Kuridrani (Nadi) – 9325504; Dr Mesu Namedre (Sigatoka) – 9254936; Ariela Zibiah (Suva) – 9958831
- Fitness workout by Lynda Tabuya and Mercedes Semaan at 8am
- Pentecostal Week hosted by the Nakelo Methodist Circuit at 7pm
Check out the new releases on Netflix.
- The Mystic River
- Selena – The Series
- Thunder Force
- Dance of the Forty One
- Finding Ohana
What you must do/know:
- Wear masks when you leave your home
- Download careFIJI app and switch on Bluetooth
- Always observe the 2m physical distancing
- Non-work gatherings of any size prohibited
- Funeral services with up to 20 people only allowed
- For good measure, report your symptoms to the nearest fever clinic
- Stay home if you do not have an essential reason to leave your house
- Limit your bubble to those in your own household
If you are in or have recently been in an area currently under containment or have been exposed to someone with the virus, help reduce the risk of the virus spreading by staying at home, and call 158
Visit the Ministry of Health and Medical Services page on Facebook to find out the list of screening clinics near you.