What’s happening today!
19 June, 2021, 6:00 am
Trust you’re all doing well in this period of lockdown for most of us here on Viti Levu. And we hope we’re all keeping safe by practising strict health measures to keep everyone around us safe from any spread of this virus.
And remember to remind our households of the need to stay home unless really necessary to do otherwise.
In this update, we try and inform you of events and some virtual happenings that you and your family members can be a part of and from the comfort of your own homes.
First, let’s take a look at the weather forecast for today.
- Cloudy periods with brief showers over Vanua Levu, Taveuni, Lau group, eastern parts and interior of Viti Levu. Elsewhere, mainly fine. Cool night.
- Moderate east to southeast winds. Moderate seas.
COVID-19 daily press updates
In the event of any major developments, the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health and Medical Services will hold a media conference. Otherwise, it will issue (an) update(s) daily through the Fijian Government and the ministry’s social media Facebook page.
Stay alert and monitor radio announcement and check the Government Facebook page to get the updated schedule of the mobile vaccination teams in your communities.
- Wearing Fiji Virtual Charity Auction from 11am to 2pm
- Fitness workout by Lynda Tabuya and Mercedes Semaan at 8am
- 2021 Stewardship Week of Revival at 10am
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Simla to Thompson Crescent Lautoka – 10am to 4pm
Supermarket Opening Hours (Suva-Nausori containment zones)
- Hansons Supermarket – 7am to 4:30pm
- Kundan Singh – 7am to 4pm
- FoodCity – 6am to 5pm
- Extra – 7am to 4.30pm
- Rajendras – 7am to 4.30pm
Check out what’s trending on Netflix for you and your family.
- Black Summer
- Workin’ Moms
- Hemlock Grove
- Queen of the South
- Dancing Queens
- Silver Skates
- Mortal Engines
- Things Heard & Seen
What you must do/know:
- Wear masks when you leave your home
- Download careFIJI app and switch on Bluetooth
- Always observe the 2m physical distancing
- Non-work gatherings of any size prohibited
- Funeral services with up to 10 people only allowed
- For good measure, report your symptoms to the nearest fever clinic
- Stay home if you do not have an essential reason to leave your house
- Limit your bubble to those in your own household
And here is what you need to know about the Health Ministry’s community -based approach to the vaccination program in Suva and Nausori Containment Zones:
- Daily vaccination schedule will be announced by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (Follow Fijian Government Social Media Page, Ministry of Health and Medical Services Social Media Page, Radio and News for this.)
- Community leaders and representatives will be informed prior to the vaccination day
- Vaccination will only be available to the people living within the target community/area
- Vaccine eligible individuals over 18 years of age can get vaccinated
- Vaccination teams will visit all areas, so please wait till your area schedule is announced
- Vaccination team will be situated close to your homes, do not overcrowd or queue
- Wait at home with your family, you will be informed when it is your turn
- Health teams will make necessary announcements via Loudspeakers
- For those who are unable to go to the vaccination site, please wait at home with household members. You will be vaccinated together at home
- Follow all COVID-19 safe protocols at the vaccination site. (Wear a mask, wash hands before and after vaccination, practice physical distancing of 2 metres and keep your careFIJI app turned on by keeping phone’s Bluetooth on.)
- You can self-register online for vaccination at: vra.digitalfiji.gov.fj
(Source: Ministry of Health and Medical Services, Fiji)